Behind the Scenes: OM Yoga model, Linda Sorkin on our magazine cover shoot



Are you interested in being my next published model or do you want to learn more about the experience of modeling for an International athletic/health magazine? If so, please read on..


Behind the scenes with Linda Sorkin

Here is what my yoga teacher and OM YOGA Magazine
 (Om Magazine) cover model had to say about our shoot together:


Natiya is a beautiful human being and stellar photographer.  I know this to be true, since I was fortunate enough to work with her.  

Our journey began when Natiya shot professional headshots of me in addition to some fun yoga photos for my website.  As a result, she offered to photograph me in full yoga regalia and send my photos to OM Yoga & Lifestyles Magazine for a look-over.  Feeling humbled and detached, she submitted my photos.  It was in that moment I began to feel a fluttering of excitement at the possibility of what potentially lied ahead.  

Natiya clearly saw something in me I could not detect.  She has this soft unique way about her when she photographs.  She was welcoming and oozed with kindness, which immediately put me at ease.  When she combines her soft demeanor with her acute eye for style, she emanates immense creativity as a photographer.  As a result, she captured just the right shot for the cover of April’s issues of OM Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine.

Being on the cover of April’s issue is literally a dream come true, so to speak.  I am proud beyond belief of the work Natiya and I created together, especially since it holds a deeper meaning for me to be on the cover of a magazine at this stage of my life.  I am representing woman of all ages and hopefully able to inspire others to continue to reach and dream the impossible!

Natiya’s creative efforts has given me an opportunity to reach others through a medium that inspires conversation with my students, clients and the community.  Using my experience of being on the cover of Om Yoga Magazine offers a natural gateway to market my work as a yoga instructor and Marriage Family Therapist http://www.lindasorkin.com./

One of the yoga communities I am delighted and blessed to be connected with is Sculpt Fusion Yoga www.sculptfusionyoga.com in San Diego, Ca.  This wonderful studio provides a unique forum for me to weave my experience as a Marriage and Family Therapist into my classes to incite growth in students.  The owner, Kim Stahler, has been incredibly supportive of my journey as a professional both on and off the mat.

Working with Natiya was a wonderful experience.  She encouraged me to stretch and be seen in order to capture unique moments in front of her lens.  I will forever be grateful to my friend and photographer…Natiya!

❌⭕️,

Linda

Comments

  1. Strengthens the immune system
    The human being is a perfect combination of body, mind and spirit. An irregularity at the physical level affects the mental plane. In the same way, any restlessness

    present in the mind can manifest itself as a disease in the body. Yoga postures not only massage the different organs of the body, but also strengthen the muscular

    system. In addition, breathing techniques and pranayamas help release stress, which results in an improvement in the immune system, scientifically proven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts